Software Engineer at Edison Software. Full-stack product development of Edison’s platform products and services that powers smart automatic information extraction from emails.
- Bachelor of Computing, Honors with Distinction
- Focus areas in Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- Final Year Research Thesis: Deep Learning on FPGAs
- von Neumann Programme (vNP)
- NUS Overseas Colleges (NOC) - Silicon Valley Batch 29
- Industry Preparation for Pre-graduates Programme (iPREP) by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (iDA)
- Served in the Singapore Armed Forces as an artilleryman for 2 years before matriculating in college
- Served as a Cadet Inspector for the National Police Cadet Corps, inspiring youth leaders in secondary schools
- Basketball (I watch more than I play)
- Electric guitar and piano
Previous Work Experiences
Mountain View, CA
January 2016 to December 2016
Software Engineering Intern
I developed the company’s business metrics visualization tool to aid with making product decisions. The dashboard was built with Highcharts and React.js.
I am also responsible for several ad-hoc reports that involves complex SQL queries required by business needs.
May 2015 to August 2015
Frontend Engineering Intern
As one of the first few Frontend Engineer interns, I was responsible for the reimplementation of the front-facing code from PHP templates to Twig templates for scalability.
During my time at Shopback, I worked closely with senior engineers to ship features at a rapid pace in a fast growing startup.
Courier is a Facebook Messenger Bot that lets you know when your packages ships and arrives at your doorstep. Developed during my internship at EasilyDo. Powered by Wit.ai, Python Tornado web framework and React.js for the frontend dashboard.
CS3216 - Software Development on Evolving Platforms
Letterbox is a dating app where your mindset and opinion matters. Developed on Ionic Framework for both iOS and Android platforms. We were able to ship both versions of the app to App Store and Play Store within a short time period of 2 months. The app gained 2,000 users within 2 weeks.
NUSMods provide a better way for students to plan their school timetables. Over time, more features have been added to improve the lives of NUS students. Besides timetable planning, NUSMods also serves to be a complete knowledge bank of NUS courses by providing useful course-related information such as archived CORS bidding statistics and community-driven course reviews and discussions.
I used to be a contributor, and is currently a maintainer of this open source project.
CS1010R - Programming Methodology
A project done in my freshman year under the supervision of Prof. Martin Henz. The goal of the project was to improve the asthetics and usability of our own online version of the textbook. Integrated MathJax into the browser version and compiled a EPUB version with Python.